Friday, January 15, 2010

Kid's Fitness


Workout in front of your daughter and she'll want to workout too! In a study from the University of Albany, girls whose moms and dads were active logged an additional 13 minutes of daily exercise compared to peers with less active parents. To keep your child fit get her involved in physical activities. Kids whose moms signed them up for sports became even more active in their teens- a time when girls often stop exercising. Skip movie night and take your child for a walk, a bike ride or to the gym instead.

I have been training Sofia's mom & dad since she was born (6 years ago). She has always watched our sessions. When I tell you she runs to the door when I get there, changes into her nike shorts, grabs her water, then joins us in the gym downstairs. She sets up her mat, uses her small weights and does whatever we do, squats, lunges, push-ups, etc. Her gym teacher calls her "muscles"! Whenever I tell her I want to take a photo of her she belts out this pose, not something we ever do, but she takes yoga in gym! Too funny! She loves our training music too! Between sets she throws in some of her dance moves!

Sofia enjoys skiing, tennis, dance & theatre, but most of all enjoys weight training and it shows! She is so strong, a little powerhouse! Oh yeah, she loves chocolate too! Sofia will be part of my children's cooking class this week.


2 comments:

Desiree Marini said...

Great information! Sofia looks so adorable!

TheFitnessFreak said...

Yep, my kids have been watching me workout 6 days a week since they were born. It really does set a standard for them and I'm so glad it does. I have 3 very active boys : )