Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tuscan Kale Chips


I finally got a chance to make these Kale chips.  Kale chips are highly nutritious and low in calories they also taste great!  I decided to make them last weekend when I was away on Sunday.  Kale chips are very crispy and light, tasting totally different than eating kale when it is sauteed.  

Start with a bunch of fresh Organic Kale, wash & dry in a salad spinner then with a dish towel (be sure to remove all water).  Then remove stems and center ribs.  You can discard the stems or save them for another recipe like lentil or vegetable soup. 


Coat with a few tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15 or 20 minutes.  You need to watch them in the oven, do not overcook or they will become bitter.  Do not add salt until they are done baking.  My first batch I salted first and they were soggy.  Add Sea Salt or Kosher Salt after baking is complete. 


Baking Kale brings out a nutty flavor that is addictive, you will love them.  My new favorite healthy snack.  A great snack for your family, try them out!  
Bon Appétit!

1 comment:

Mother Rimmy said...

My son's girlfriend and I love kale chips. Wonderful!