Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Knock Out the Winter Workout Blues

Kickboxing
Sculpts Muscles and Blasts Fat
Indoor winter workouts can get boring if you're like me and love to train outdoors.  Last thursday I went running with a friend/client at Tod's Point in Greenwich, CT for an hour and a half.  I was dressed in my Under Armour  cold gear, hat and wrap glasses.  I could swear half of my face was frozen and I still have muscular aches on one side of my face and right eye.  Never again, not until it warms up here, it is definitely much colder/windier by the water too.

Here is a nice indoor workout for you to enjoy with your trainer or with a friend, it really gets you pumped up.  Kickboxing targets your arms, shoulders, thighs and butt in one workout, it's also a great stress reliever.

10-Minute Fat-Burning Routine

Practice each combination in this 10-minute fat blaster slowly at first, then increase your speed as the routine becomes more familiar.  For more of a challenge, vary the height of your kicks and punches.  Do it twice and you'll burn about 170 calories.  The workout is broken down into minutes and combination moves, repeat as many times as you like.  (I left space so you can print it out)






0:00-2:00   Jab, Cross, Hook, Uppercut Lead with Left (30 seconds each)
2:00-4:00   Jab, Cross, Hook, Uppercut Lead with Right (30 seconds each)
4:00-5:00   Front Kick (30 seconds each, Left and Right)
5:00-6:00   Roundhouse Kick (30 seconds each, Left and Right)
6:00-7:00   Side Kick (30 Seconds each, Left and Right)
7:00-7:30   Combination (Left foot forward, Jab (L), Uppercut (R), Front Kick (L)
7:30-8:00   Combination (Right foot forward); Jab (R), Uppercut (L), Front Kick (R)
8:00-8:30   Combination (Left foot forward); Jab (L), Cross (R), Roundhouse (L)
8:30-9:00   Combination (Right foot forward); Jab (R), Cross (L), Roundhouse (R)


4 comments:

Roxie Morrow said...

Hi! Just found you over at Tosca's new blog!
I absolutely LOVE kickboxing! I start a new class this weekend and can't wait!

Thanks for sharing so many food and fitness tips. I'm now your newest follower.

Roxie-Girl

Robin said...

Been doing kickboxing for about 3 weeks now. Loooooooooove it!!! Great workouts!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!! Will be following!
Robin

Reneé DeLano said...

Thanks for following!

Anne said...

It is always my passion to be fit and so Kickboxing Class is really great! Thanks for these tips buddy!