These 95 calorie biscotti are bejeweled with dried apricots, cranberries, and pistachios adding to their beauty, sweet-tart flavor and chewy texture too.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat together 1 whole egg, 1 yolk (reserve egg white), olive oil, and 1⁄2 cup sugar with a wooden spoon until smooth. Gradually add the flour mixture while mixing until just combined. Stir in orange zest, apricots,, and pistachios.
4. On a floured work surface, form dough into 2 logs approximately 10 inches long. Place on the baking sheet and flatten each log until about 1 inch high and 2 inches wide. Brush each log with reserved egg white and sprinkle with reserved of sugar.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned and surfaces begin to crack. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes, then place logs onto a cutting board using a large spatula.
6. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. When logs are cool enough to handle, cut into 1⁄2-inch-thick slices on the diagonal using a serrated knife. Return slices to baking sheet and bake for 10 to15 minutes more, depending on the crispness desired. Cool completely on a wire rack.
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
(1 biscotti): 95 calories
COOK TIME: 50 MINUTES