Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Protein Power Bites


Protein Power Bites

Yesterday after my personal training sessions I decided to get a little creative in my kitchen.

 I came up with these delectable little pre or post-workout Power Bites!  Perfect little bite sized yummy healthy goodness!

Power packed with a great balance of complex carbohydrates, fiber, protein and healthy omega 3 fatty acids.  All natural ingredients, what's not to love.

Ingredients
So easy and no-bake, just chill in your fridge!  The boys had them for dessert last night after dinner.  They loved every bite.

I stored the leftover in a mason jar in the fridge.


Coconut
I only had Bob's Red Mill Unsweetened Flaked Coconut so I decided to run it through my cuisinart.  Now I have created desiccated coconut for my recipe!  Voila! 

Ready to Rumble!
All my ingredients above and I am ready to rumble!

Ingredients

1 cup Oats (use gluten-free if needed)
1/2 cup all natural Chunky Peanut Butter
1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated Coconut
1/2 cup mini Dark Chocolate Chips
1/3 cup Honey
1/4 Cup Flaxseeds or Chia Seeds
2 tablespoons Vanilla Protein Powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Instructions:

Spray a large bowl with Pam, Mix all the ingredients together in bowl until it looks like an evenly distributed uniformed dough.

Roll the dough into twenty-four 1-1/2 inch balls.  

Refrigerate the bites for 30 minutes.

Store in an airtight container for up to a week.  Enjoy!


No comments: