Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Makeover


This is a recipe that I pulled out from one of my fitness magazines this month.  I usually set my recipes aside for the weekend when I have time to try them out.  This weekend was my daughter Brittany's birthday so it was a perfect time for a special homemade treat.  

Traditional Chocolate Chips (2) are 237 calories and 12 grams of fat.  They revamped it to (2) cookies 108 calories and 5 grams of fat.  That seemed good, so I decided to try them out for myself.  I read the ingredient list and thought to myself it looked pretty good but of course I would change a few things, and I did.  They turned out awesome, I am definitely making them again! 


Chocolate Chip Cookies ReVamped
Makes 60 Cookies

3/4 cup rolled Oats
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup extra-light olive oil (I used Coconut Oil)
3 tablespoons Butter
1/2 cup sugar (I didn't add white sugar)
1/2 cup dark brown sugar (you can use stevia, I didn't)
1 large egg
1 large egg white
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
(I added 1/4 cup ground Flax Seeds)
next time I'm adding protein powder too =)


Preheat oven to 350.  Spread oats on a baking sheet; toast for 10 minutes.  Remove and turn off oven.  Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.  In a large bowl, beat together oil and butter, and sugars with an electric mixer.  Add egg, egg white and vanilla, beating until well combined.  Fold in oats, flour mixture and chocolate chips.  Cover and refrigerate dough for 1hour.
Preheat oven to 350.  Place rounded teaspoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto two parchment-lined baking sheets.  Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set and golden brown.  Cool five minutes on sheets; transfer to wire rack and cool completely.  Check this recipe out you will love it!  

1 comment:

Blogger said...

3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

This means that you actually get rid of fat by eating Coconut Fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 researches from big medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!