Monday, April 9, 2012

Pan Seared Scallops & Steamed Artchokes Plus Brownie Muffins


Tonight I made the best Pan Seared Scallops.  They are so delicious, easy to prepare and totally a power food. Seared Scallops are one of my favorite dishes.  I heated a sauté pan over high heat, added a little olive oil (the pan needs to be very hot) place the Scallops flat side down in the hot pan (don't overcrowd).  Once you place them in the pan don't touch them, you need them to form a nice brown crust.  Flip them in a couple of minutes and thats it!  I added a little Old Bay Seasoning tonight, but you don't have to.  Kosher Salt & Pepper is fine.

I also steamed some artichokes tonight.  I cleaned them first under running water and chopped the end leaves off.  I set them in a pot with some low sodium chicken broth and stuffed with a little fresh parsley.  Normally I would also add fresh garlic, but tonight I didn't.  I covered and simmered them for a few hours until they were tender.  They were amazing!



Ok, last but not least!  I have been dying to try this Brownie Muffin recipe I found on Pinterest.  It's not exactly a Power Meal, but I was very curious if they really tasted good.  Wow!  They were hit!  So easy;  One Box Devil's Food Cake Mix and One Can of Pumpkin!  No Oil, No Eggs Brownie Muffins = Low Calories, HIGH Fiber!  They are insane!  Great for a quick dessert or on Sunday with your cheat meal, please try these!



No comments: