Friday, May 16, 2008

Nutrition & Your College Student




This is a list I put together when preparing college “care packages” to send my son for his first year at college.

I was able to train with Robert via Internet, sending weekly lifting schedules in addition to his rugby training. I also insured that he was eating properly at the cafeteria and making the best choices (a lot of vegetables, fruits and lean proteins.) In addition to your meal plan, you need to have healthy snacks in your dorm. I have put together a list of foods and snacks I would regularly send. I hope you find this information helpful. Shop at Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods or your local market.

Supplements:
-Protein Powder
-Protein Bars
-Multi-Vitamins (Solgar)
-Essential Fatty Acids
-Emergen-C (1,000 mg Vitamin C)


Food List:
-Natural Almond Butter
-Brown Rice Cakes
-Ezekiel Bread
-Brown Rice Bowls Ready Made
-Canned Tuna
-All Natural Granola
-Green/Black Tea
-Oatmeal Packs
-Walnuts and Almonds
-Craisins
-Low Sodium Soups
-All Natural Cookies
-Case of 8 oz. Poland Spring Waters (for on the go)
-Poland Spring Gallons 


No comments: